Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March Has Arrived

So now that the month of February has finally moved behind me, I can move on to better things. I almost wrote "bigger and better things" but decided that since my plan is to start shrinking myself this month, I would just avoid references to "bigger" anythings.

I never used to have to worry about my weight. I was a size 5 all through high school and then when I got out of boot camp at the age of 18, I had shrunk into a size 3! But ... six children and a bunch of years have happened to me and now I find that I am not very pleased at all with what I see in the mirror. I am humiliated that I have to buy Women's size 16 jeans and that if I want them to be comfortable at all, I need to make sure they have at least 20% lycra in them. And so, to that end, I am committing myself. No, not to an asylum, although that has been recommended in the past.  I am committing myself to a regular program of daily exercise and this blog is going to keep me accountable. I don't own a scale, though I will be investing in one very soon, but for now, I will simply start with basic body measurements and pray the numbers get smaller as the days pass.< So, if there is anyone at all that reads this with even a modicum of regularity, I would appreciate the odd note of encouragement or two. 

And so it begins ... 

1 comment:

  1. You are capable of so much and this is not beyond your reach!!

    ReplyDelete