Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Change of Pace

My antibiotics are nearly done and I got the Teasel and Self Heal a few days ago.  I self-tested for the Teasel and after a positive result, took it.  I've been taking it once a day since. The change in how I feel is remarkable.  I honestly did not expect to get such an immediate and very clear change, but I did, almost within hours!  But then, that first night, I had the mother of all migraines.
Now, I don't know if you've ever had a migraine, but if you've thought you were having one, then you haven't.  You don't think you are having a migraine, you KNOW.  And you pretty much cannot function until it looses its grip, which is sometimes in a few hours and sometimes even as long as a few days.  Thankfully, mine eased off after several hours after Jeff showed me a ton of TLC, massaging acupressure points on my feet and rubbing my neck.  I am guessing the migraine was the Lyme spirochetes letting me know that they were not happy with me. Well, you know what? That's ok because I have not been very happy with you little buggers, so THERE! Just wait until I start with the Self Heal. *insert appropriate karate-chop hai-yah! here*

Friday, I was feeling about the best I'd felt since that frickin' tick got on me.  I even took the time to henna my hair.  The rest of this post is just highlighting what I love about henna.
Freshly hennaed and WEN'd
While I have always been very pleased with my go-to routine for mixing, I changed up my usual henna recipe a little.  First, I didn't use my Yemani henna.  I wanted to give the Jamila henna a try.  Then I changed my normal brew by adding a handful of hibiscus flowers to the coffee as it was warming up. I also did not add any essential oil or lemon juice to the mix, which I usually do, but I have to say, I was pleased with the way my hair looked and felt on Friday.  I'm even happier with it today, however.

Today, 12/4/11

The color is always richer and deeper a couple of days later, and I really am rather pleased with the shine and how soft it is today. The Jamila henna seemed to achieve die release sooner than the Yemani henna usually does, but I still left it to cure overnight.  I also left the henna on for a solid 6 hours then rinsed it out.  I have to say, it rinsed out a lot easier than the Yemani henna does and my hair wasn't as stiff, which makes me think that it rinsed out more completely before I even added the WEN to my hair.  People often ask me if my hair is naturally red, which is very cool.  I used to think I wouldn't look good as a red head, but now, I can't imagine myself any other way.  At this rate, I'll be keeping the gray hair under wraps ("Grays? What grays?") and have the silkiest, shiniest hair I've had since I was a baby.  Gotta love that! 

1 comment:

  1. Blessings on this beautiful night....
    I will start by saying, your hair is gorgeous...and not just because I am partial to red-heads...♥
    My other subject...migraines....they suck. The end. (apologies for my crass words...but you totally know I'm right if you've ever had one...and clearly you have).

    Lastly, please make sure I get to see your blog as often as you post....I do enjoy getting to know you...very much. (your sarcasm reminds me of mine and Samantha's)

    Peace and love,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete