Tuesday, November 29, 2011

And So the Journey Continues

My last blog was all about the discovery that I have Lyme and my plan to document the journey, wherever it leads me.  So, here I am today, feeling frustrated with the level of pain and general malaise in my body and my complete inability to do a thing about it.  I am still anxiously waiting for the herbs and herbal tinctures that I've ordered to arrive and  I'm taking my antibiotic religiously. (Which, now that I am in the third week, is causing a rather annoying fungal infection - oh, JOY!)



I've joined several Lyme support groups online and spoken on the phone to a handful of herbalists who have had remarkable success treating this disease.  Because every individual reacts to Lyme in their own way, there really is no one protocol for a cure.  That said, there are many, many herbs that deal with specific ailments, symptoms, and co-infections as well as driving out the spirochetes from the body.  I am deeply indebted to the people I've spoken to who have taken the time to help me figure out what my body needs and how to get it there.  There are not words enough to thank you all for your knowledge and compassion.  My goal is to pay it forward by learning enough about Lyme and the herbs that cure it in order to help others in the same boat. Lyme Disease is truly an epidemic and allopathic community does not treat it seriously enough.

There are days when I am so tired I feel as though if I went to sleep, I might not wake up for a week; when I cannot focus my attention at all and I can't keep my mind on a single train of thought; when my legs are painful from my hips down to my toes and my knuckles ache and my head hurts and I just want to curl up into a ball and cry.  


I don't, though. If this were happening to someone else, I would cry for them, but not myself.  I will suck it up and push on through.  Which brings me back to today, really tired and uncomfortable and trying to stay positive. I believe - no, I KNOW - that I will get well and that the herbs are going to be the vehicle through which my wellness arrives.  I have no doubt in my mind that this is not forever.  And that down-to-the-bone knowledge is what is keeping me from curling up into that ball and crying.  

No comments:

Post a Comment