Tuesday, May 31, 2011

30 Days into the P90X Journey

I have been sick for the last week and while I've been on antibiotics since last Friday, my throat is killing me, my body still feels like the entire Greyhound bus line ran over me - twice! - and now I have a lovely cough to add into the mix.  I think the doctor may have been off on her diagnosis. *insert eye-roll here*

Needless to say, it has made my daily P90X workouts impossible to do. I toughed it out most days, but I was "dogging it" for the most part, calling it quits way before I normally would have.  Yesterday was supposed to be Plyometrics, and there was absolutely NO way I was going to be doing any jump training. I felt like Death Warmed Over For the 5th Time This Week. I actually fell asleep on the sofa as Jeff was doing the work out, acupuncture needles in my hand and foot, trying to encourage this illness out of me. This morning is loads better than last night, but I am so ready to be well again.  

My current state of health aside, this morning I pulled on the same outfit I had on for my "BEFORE" photos and got Jeff to snap some of the half-way point.  All month long I was a little discouraged by the relative lack of inch-loss, even though I got constant comments from people telling me that they could see that I had lost weight. In actuality, I started at 196.8 lbs and on Sunday (my weigh & measure day) I was at 190.6.  To me, that's not a lot of weight-loss.  Add to that this past week of totally not Bringin' It, and I'd been feeling a bit down in the dumps.

Then I reminded myself that muscle weighs more than fat, and I have certainly been building some muscle. So, maybe these people have not just been trying to be nice. Not until I put the two pictures together did it really become clear to me just how much it is true! I'm stoked at the differences!!

     BEFORE P90X                          30 DAYS INTO P90X
The first thing that caught my attention is the fact that those leg bands are now loose on my thighs! For me, that is HUGE! You have to understand that even when I wore size 3 jeans, in comparison to the rest of my body, I had THUNDER THIGHS.  They were a "double blessing" from my biological father and my mother (according to my mom's own words).  Honestly, a blessing I wouldn't have missed not having, but alas ...

Still, as you can see in the two pictures, there really is something to this P90X thing. My face has slimmed down, my arms are not quite as flabby, my tummy and waist are a lot smaller and I've got less "cushiony-ness" across the top of my chest and shoulders. All in all, I'm pleased with what I'm seeing.  Tonight is Back and Biceps along with Ab Ripper X.  Even feeling the way I do right now my plan is to do my best to BRING IT!!

If you're interested in how you can achieve your own goal of personal health and fitness, click this link:
or visit my Team Beachbody site to read even more incredible stories of REAL people who did are are still doing P90X because for them (like me) it became a life change.

1 comment: